EnTech Engineering, PC is a multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm based in downtown Manhattan and Iselin, NJ. Our services include construction management and inspection, environmental consulting, civil design and BIM/VDC. EnTech is committed to delivering high quality and innovation through advanced engineering and technology.
EnTech is looking for full-time NYSDOL Asbestos Inspectors and NYCDEP Asbestos Investigators for work in the general New York City area. The positions will be involved in projects requiring investigations to determine the presence of asbestos-containing materials at SCA and MTA facilities, including schools, buildings, bridges, subway stations, etc.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform asbestos field investigations following federal, state and agency protocols.
- Collect samples, take photographs, complete chain-of-custody forms, and prepare sample collection drawings.
- Prepare comprehensive asbestos survey reports.
- Exercise, sound, independent judgment.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare clear and concise technical correspondence.
- Interpret sampling results and apply relevant laws and regulations.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with team members.
- Travel throughout the New York Metropolitan Area
Estimated Annual Compensation:
$58,240 - $93,600
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status.
- A minimum of two years of experience performing hazardous materials inspections
- Current NYSDOL Asbestos Inspector License (obtained a minimum of two years ago)
- Current NYCDEP Investigator Certificate
- Ability to read project drawings and specifications
- Valid NYS Driver's License and ownership of a vehicle to be used for transportation to the job site
- Ability to use power tools, climb ladders, and carry sampling and ancillary equipment
- Trained to use PPE, such as masks, respirators, safety harnesses, etc.
- Be available to work flexible hours