EnTech Engineering, PC is a multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm based in downtown Manhattan and Iselin, NJ. Our services include construction management and inspection, environmental consulting, civil design and BIM/VDC. EnTech is committed to delivering high quality and innovation through advanced engineering and technology.
EnTech is looking for full-time NYSDOL Asbestos Inspectors for work in the general New York City area. The positions will be involved in projects requiring investigations to determine the presence of asbestos containing materials at MTA facilities, including buildings, bridges, subway stations, etc.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform asbestos field investigations following federal, state and agency protocols.
- Collect samples, take photographs, complete chain-of-custody forms, and prepare sample collection drawings.
- Prepare comprehensive asbestos survey reports.
- Exercise, sound, independent judgment.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare clear and concise technical correspondence.
- Interpret sampling results and apply relevant laws and regulations.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with team members.
- Travel throughout the New York Metropolitan Area
- A minimum of two years’ experience performing hazardous materials inspections
- Current NYS DOL Asbestos Inspector License (obtained a minimum of two years ago)
- Ability to read project drawings and specifications
- Valid NYS Driver License and ownership of a vehicle to be used for transportation to the job site
- Ability to use power tools, climb ladders, and carry sampling and ancillary equipment
- Trained to use PPE, such as masks, respirators, safety harnesses, etc.
- Be available to work flexible hours
Estimated Annual Compensation:
Qualified applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status.
$58,240 - $83,200