EnTech Engineering, PC (EnTech)
is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm based in downtown Manhattan with an office in Iselin, NJ specializing in construction management & inspection, environmental consulting, civil and structural design, BIM/Laser Scanning/VDC, geotechnical & geo-instrumentation, transportation engineering, site safety, and quality services consulting. We are engaged in numerous engineering and construction projects in NYC Metro Area.
EnTech is looking for a Full-Time Resident Engineer/ Construction Inspector
for NYCDPR projects. This is a long-term position, reports to the Project Manager, and will be involved in Construction Inspection projects.
- Read and interpret plans and specs.
- Daily Inspection and supervision
- QA/QC reviews and compliance
- Review, record, and track all submittals
- Monitoring Contract Cost and Schedule
- Examine workmanship of completed construction for conformity to project specifications and applicable construction codes.
- Prepare daily, weekly reports, and project progress reports
- Project team coordination for all construction submittals, and timely delivery of responses to all construction RFI’s, CO’s, etc. .
- Keep the project manager/client advised of issues and propose possible solutions.
- Prepare work estimates, related sketches, and documentation.
- Measure quantities and review contractor payment requests.
- Ability to commute to different sites in NYC (5 Boroughs)
- Must have a minimum Bachelors of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or Landscape Architecture.
- A minimum of 7 years experience in civil construction-related projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Should possess a working knowledge of: shop drawing review, scheduling, permitting, and inspection requirements.
- Familiar with DPR projects including the reconstruction of the playground, sports courts, synthetic turf, pathway and concrete work, water and sewer distribution system, and landscaping; Familiarity with pool system and building renovation will be a plus.
- A positive attitude and good work ethic.