EnTech Engineering, PC is a multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm based in downtown Manhattan and Iselin, NJ. Our services include construction management and inspection, environmental consulting, civil design and BIM/VDC. EnTech is committed to delivering high quality and innovation through advanced engineering and technology.
EnTech is currently seeking a "Construction Inspector" to join us full time for a NYC Department of Parks and Recreation project.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Read and interpret plans and specs.
- Daily Inspection and supervision
- QA/QC reviews and compliance
- Review, record, and track all submittals
- Monitoring Contract Cost and Schedule
- Examine workmanship of completed construction for conformity to project specifications and applicable construction codes.
- Prepare daily, weekly reports, and project progress reports
- Project team coordination for all construction submittals, and timely delivery of responses to all construction RFI’s, CO’s, etc. .
- Keep the project manager/client advised of issues and propose possible solutions.
- Prepare work estimates, related sketches, and documentation.
- Measure quantities and review contractor payment requests.
- Ability to commute to different sites in NYC (5 Boroughs)
Estimated Annual Compensation:
- Must have a minimum Bachelors of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or Landscape Architecture.
- A minimum of 7 years experience in civil construction-related projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Should possess a working knowledge of: shop drawing review, scheduling, permitting, and inspection requirements.
- Familiar with DPR projects including the reconstruction of the playground, sports courts, synthetic turf, pathway and concrete work, water and sewer distribution system, and landscaping; Familiarity with pool system and building renovation will be a plus.
- A positive attitude and good work ethic.
$80,000 - $105,000
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status.