EnTech Engineering, PC is a multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm based in downtown Manhattan and Iselin, NJ. Our services include construction management and inspection, environmental consulting, civil design and BIM/VDC. EnTech is committed to delivering high quality and innovation through advanced engineering and technology.
EnTech is currently seeking a "Construction Inspector" to join us full time for a NYC Department of Parks and Recreation project.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Read and interpret plans and specs.
- Daily Inspection and supervision
- QA/QC reviews and compliance
- Review, record, and track all submittals
- Monitoring Contract Cost and Schedule
- Examine workmanship of completed construction for conformity to project specifications and applicable construction codes.
- Prepare daily, weekly reports, and project progress reports
- Project team coordination for all construction submittals, and timely delivery of responses to all construction RFI’s, CO’s, etc. .
- Keep the project manager/client advised of issues and propose possible solutions.
- Prepare work estimates, related sketches, and documentation.
- Measure quantities and review contractor payment requests.
- Ability to commute to different sites in NYC (5 Boroughs)
Estimated Annual Compensation:
- Must have a minimum Bachelors of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or Landscape Architecture.
- A minimum of 7 years experience in civil construction-related projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Should possess a working knowledge of: shop drawing review, scheduling, permitting, and inspection requirements.
- Familiar with DPR projects including the reconstruction of the playground, sports courts, synthetic turf, pathway and concrete work, water and sewer distribution system, and landscaping; Familiarity with pool system and building renovation will be a plus.
- A positive attitude and good work ethic.
$80,000 - $105,000
Qualified applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status.