EnTech Engineering, PC is a multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm based in downtown Manhattan and Iselin, NJ. Our services include construction management and inspection, environmental consulting, civil design and BIM/VDC. EnTech is committed to delivering high quality and innovation through advanced engineering and technology.
EnTech is currently seeking a "VDC Engineer I" to join us full time.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with project model setup and management: directory structure, model files, shared coordinates work sets and phases, and model exchanges.
- Utilize BIM to generate 2D plans, elevations, sections, or detail drawings with annotations that follow specified standards.
- Perform basic interdisciplinary coordination (clash detection) tasks among various trades.
- Contribute to directed research efforts under the direction of senior VDC team members. Ability to self-direct portions of research projects.
- Understand and follow project- and agency-specific BIM standards
- Must be willing to work on-site with client project teams.
- Assist with QA/QC and manage BIM in various platforms for architectural, structural, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, or civil disciplines using point clouds, contract drawings, shop drawings, and as-built as references to support design and construction initiatives.
- Take responsibility for completing tasks on time.
- Contribute to meeting team wide goals and deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Architecture, Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Management or AEC-related discipline preferred.
- Specific or experience in VDC/BIM practices and/or software preferred
- 1 to 4 years’ experience in architecture or engineering with a focus on VDC
- Familiarity with BIM and VDC software and practices.
- Fluency with principles underlying the generation and development of BIM models, drawings, project management applications within Revit, BIM360, Navisworks, AutoCAD, and GIS.
- Basic understanding of design and construction documents for various disciplines.
- 3D Laser Scanning
- IBM Maximo
- AECOSim/ OpenBuildings
- Civil 3D
Brooklyn/ Queens Preferred
Estimated Annual Compensation:
$58,200 - $72,800
Qualified applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status.