About EnTech VDC
EnTech Virtual Design & Construction (VDC) is a multidisciplinary practice devoted to supporting technology and innovation for the built world. We are one of the largest VDC teams in the US, providing BIM, reality capture, drones, 3D coordination, data analysis, staff augmentation, management, consulting, and much more.
EnTech VDC is a diverse team of talented, innovative people working at the intersection of design, construction, and operations. We are a learning organization where professional growth and excellence are cultivated through structured training, real world experience, and industry engagement. We have fun, too, in weekly discussions, happy hours, and game nights.
About the Role
VDC Engineer I is a generalist position for an individual with at least 1 year of professional architectural, engineering, construction, or relevant technical experience. You will gain experience in an array of technology services. You will learn essential skills in a structured training program and then develop those skills on real projects. Our goal for you is professional success and expertise.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with project model setup and management: directory structure, model files, shared coordinates work sets and phases, and model exchanges.
- Utilize BIM to generate 2D drawings and details following specified standards.
- Perform basic interdisciplinary 3D coordination (clash detection) tasks among various trades.
- Contribute to research and development efforts.
- Understand and follow project - and agency- specific BIM standards
- Assist with QA/QC and manage BIM in various platforms
- Must be willing to work on-site with client project teams.
- Take responsibility for completing tasks on time.
- Contribute to meeting team wide goals and deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Architecture, Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Management or AEC related program.
- 1 to 4 years’ experience in AEC with a focus on VDC
New York, NY
Estimated Annual Compensation:
$55,000 - $75,000
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status.
- Familiarity with BIM and VDC software and practices.
- Basic understanding of design and construction documents for various disciplines.
- Revit / Dynamo
- Navisworks / Syncro
- Bentley OpenBuildings / Microstation
- 3D Laser Scanning (LiDAR, SLAM, Drone)
- Autodesk BIM360 or Construction Cloud
- Optional: Rhino, Grasshopper, Civil 3D, ArcGIS, AutoCAD