EnTech Engineering, PC is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm based in downtown Manhattan. Our services include construction management and inspection, environmental consulting, civil design, BIM/VDC/Laser Scanning, geotechnical, geo-instrumentation, site safety, and quality services consulting. EnTech is committed to delivering high quality and innovation through advanced engineering talent and technology. We are proud to be trusted partners on numerous engineering and construction projects in the NYC Metro Area. Our culture emphasizes client satisfaction, people growth, global diversity, environment, and last but not least, loving what we do. We employ highly skilled and dedicated personnel who provide quality solutions and specialty engineering services.
EnTech is seeking a Construction Inspector for infrastructure projects in the New York City metropolitan area.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specs and prepare written contract administration documentation such as daily narratives (work reports), special inspection reports, daily time and material records, and document unit price work.
- Identifying potential extra work issues and keeping the Resident Engineer advised of potential issues.
- Preparing estimates of extra work and related sketches and documentation.
- Reviewing plans for constructability and preparing comments
- Assisting the Resident Engineer and Office Engineer in keeping track of pay items, MPT compliance, site safety, contract specific requirements, and reporting any deviations
- Assuring general compliance with agency standards and specifications
- 2 years of inspection experience on construction work varying in size (projects ranging from $500K to $5 million plus) and complexity (multiple crews and crew sizes per shift)
- A minimum of 1 year experience on NYC projects; knowledge of NYC protocols and procedures
- Valid NICET II, III or IV certification Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Civil Engineering is preferred EIT certification preferred
- Additional certs such as ACI Concrete Field Testing Certification, SPDES etc. preferred
- OSHA 10 or ability to obtain
- Computer literacy with good oral and written communication skills
- A positive attitude and good work ethic and willingness to learn
- Occasional irregular or extended work hours such as night shift/weekend work may be required