EnTech Engineering, PC is a multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm based in downtown Manhattan and Iselin, NJ. Our services include construction management and inspection, environmental consulting, civil design and BIM/VDC. EnTech is committed to delivering high quality and innovation through advanced engineering and technology.
EnTech is currently seeking a "VDC Engineer I" to join us full time.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with project model setup and management: directory structure, model files, shared coordinates work sets and phases, and model exchanges.
- Utilize BIM to generate 2D plans, elevations, sections, or detail drawings with annotations that follow specified standards.
- Perform basic interdisciplinary coordination (clash detection) tasks among various trades.
- Contribute to directed research efforts under the direction of senior VDC team members. Ability to self-direct portions of research projects.
- Understand and follow project- and agency-specific BIM standards
- Must be willing to work on-site with client project teams.
- Assist with QA/QC and manage BIM in various platforms for architectural, structural, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, or civil disciplines using point clouds, contract drawings, shop drawings, and as-built as references to support design and construction initiatives.
- Take responsibility for completing tasks on time.
- Contribute to meeting team wide goals and deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Architecture, Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Management or AEC-related discipline preferred.
- Specific or experience in VDC/BIM practices and/or software preferred
- 1 to 4 years’ experience in architecture or engineering with a focus on VDC
- Familiarity with BIM and VDC software and practices.
- Fluency with principles underlying the generation and development of BIM models, drawings, project management applications within Revit, BIM360, Navisworks, AutoCAD, and GIS.
- Basic understanding of design and construction documents for various disciplines.
- 3D Laser Scanning
- IBM Maximo
- AECOSim/ OpenBuildings
- Civil 3D
Qualified applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status.