EnTech Engineering, PC is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm based in downtown Manhattan. Our services include construction management and inspection, environmental consulting, civil design, BIM/VDC/Laser Scanning, geotechnical, geo-instrumentation, site safety, and quality services consulting. EnTech is committed to delivering high quality and innovation through advanced engineering talent and technology. We are proud to be trusted partners on numerous engineering and construction projects in the NYC Metro Area. Our culture emphasizes client satisfaction, people growth, global diversity, environment, and last but not least, loving what we do. We employ highly skilled and dedicated personnel who provide quality solutions and specialty engineering services.
EnTech is looking for a Tekla Structural Designer / Drafter
. This is a long-term position based in New York City. The Engineer will work with a team to aid in the structural design process through construction.
- Preparing plans and specifications, reviewing contractor submittals, shop drawings, and RFI’s.
- Work requires independent problem solving, decision making and the implementation of standard engineering procedures to direct the flow of engineering work.
- Technical responsibilities will include the design and analysis of a project utilizing Tekla Structural Designer.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in structural design of medium to large size projects
- Knowledge of local and national building codes and design practices
- Knowledge of standard construction practices and the ability to work with Architects, Owners and Contractors to address design and construction issues
- Proficiency in Tekla Structural Designer required
- Ability to work in Revit a plus
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Detail oriented with strong people and team skills