EnTech Engineering, PC
is a multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm based in downtown Manhattan and Iselin, NJ. Our services include construction management and inspection, environmental consulting, civil design and BIM/VDC. EnTech is committed to delivering high quality and innovation through advanced engineering and technology.
EnTech is currently seeking a "Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing (MEP) Construction Inspector" to join us full-time.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Inspection for and not limited to mechanical equipment room upgrades and rehabilitation, hot water generators, boilers, breeching, HVAC and BMS installation and controls, fire alarm systems, security systems pump systems, and electrical systems
- Reviewing project plans and specifications and preparing written contract administration documentation such as daily narratives (work reports), controlled inspection reports, daily time and material records, and document unit price work
- Ensuring inspections are in compliance with building standards, project specifications, and meet safety and compliance regulations
- Preparing daily reports, punch list inspections, and participating in project schedule and invoice reviews
- Coordinating scheduling of subcontractors, consultants, inspectors, and vendors
- Reviewing contractor payment requests and recommend reasonableness to the Resident Engineer
- Reviewing project plans for constructability and preparing comments
- Preparing work estimates, related sketches, and other required documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years of experience inspecting construction work on projects
- A valid Driver’s License
- OSHA 30-hour certification
- Proficiency with e-Builder, or other similar submittal management platforms
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Strong working knowledge of the NYC Building Codes, and all other associated jurisdictional codes governing work in the City of New York
- Must pass a SWAC Background Check at a high level
JFK International Airport, Queens, NY
Estimated Annual Compensation
$80,000 - $ 125,000
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status.