EnTech Engineering provides environmental consulting, construction management and inspection, civil design, BIM/VDC/Laser Scanning, geotechnical, geo-instrumentation, site safety, and quality services consulting. Our culture emphasizes professional growth, diversity, and a passion for what we do. We employ highly skilled and dedicated personnel who provide quality, innovative solutions.
EnTech is looking for full-time NYSDOL Asbestos Inspectors for work in the general New York City area. The positions will be involved in projects requiring investigations to determine the presence of asbestos containing materials at MTA facilities, including buildings, bridges, subway stations, etc..
- Perform asbestos field investigations following federal, state and agency protocols.
- Collect samples, take photographs, complete chain-of-custody forms, and prepare sample collection drawings.
- Prepare comprehensive asbestos survey reports.
- Exercise, sound, independent judgment.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare clear and concise technical correspondence.
- Interpret sampling results and apply relevant laws and regulations.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with team members.
- Travel throughout the New York Metropolitan Area
- A minimum of two years’ experience performing hazardous materials inspections
- Current NYS DOL Asbestos Inspector License (obtained a minimum of two years ago)
- Ability to read project drawings and specifications
- Valid NYS Driver License and ownership of a vehicle to be used for transportation to the job site
- Ability to use power tools, climb ladders, and carry sampling and ancillary equipment
- Trained to use PPE, such as masks, respirators, safety harnesses, etc.
- Be available to work flexible hours
EnTech offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including health insurance, dental, vision and a 401k plan with a company match.