EnTech Engineering, PC is a multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm based in downtown Manhattan and Iselin, NJ. Our services include construction management and inspection, environmental consulting, civil design and BIM/VDC. EnTech is committed to delivering high quality and innovation through advanced engineering and technology.
EnTech is currently seeking a "Structural Engineer" to join us full time.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing projects or tasks and preparing and reviewing of concept, scheme, and detailed design calculations and drawings for structural projects. Design calculations and plans are to be in accordance with applicable design (i.e. AASHTO, IBC, ACI, AISC) and agency standards (i.e. NYCDOT, NYSDOT, DDC, NJTA, NJDOT)
- Performing structural analysis of new designs and existing structures (Low rise buildings, bridges, and other miscellaneous structures such as walls, sign structures, etc.)
- Leading and reviewing conceptual design alternatives in order to develop innovative and cost-effective design solutions
- Preparing technical specifications, calculations, drawings, and special provisions, and preparing bidding documents
- Attend site meetings during construction
- Providing direction to CAD designers and junior engineers for drawing production Performing internal QC reviews for detailed design
- Regular internal and external collaboration and coordination with other design discipline groups in an integrated design environment.
- Responsible for leading the design development and review of structural design, details, and drawings, including calculations for new and rehabilitation work
- Use of AutoCAD or Microstation
- Strong capabilities and understanding in using structural software such as STAADPro, RAM Steel, or equivalent
- Lead field inspection teams for evaluation of structural elements. Prepare inspection reports and design repair details
- Experienced in proposal writing, fee proposals preparation, marketing and bid preparation
- Mentoring of junior/graduate engineers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- 5 - 10 years minimum of relevant work experience
- PE License is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Estimated Annual Compensation:
$80,000 - $150,000
Qualified applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status.