EnTech Engineering, PC (EnTech) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm based in downtown Manhattan with office in Iselin, NJ specializing in construction management & inspection, environmental consulting, civil and structural design, BIM/Laser Scanning/VDC, geotechnical & geo-instrumentation, transportation engineering, site safety and quality services consulting. We are engaged in numerous engineering and construction projects in NYC Metro Area.
EnTech is looking for a Full Time Construction Inspector for NJDOT projects. This is a long-term position, reports to a Resident Engineer and will be involved in Construction Inspection projects.
- Read and interpret plans and specs
- Examine workmanship of completed construction for conformity to project specifications and applicable construction codes
- Prepare daily reports / special inspection reports
- Identify potential change orders and report progress of project and scheduling
- Keep Resident Engineer advised of issues and propose possible solutions
- Prepare work estimates, related sketches and documentation.
- Measure quantities and review contractor payment requests
Qualification & Skills:
- NICET Level II /III / IV is required.
- 5+ years' experience inspecting construction work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering or related field
- Experience with NJDOT or NJTA preferred.
- 10-hour / 30-hour OSHA construction safety training.
- ACI, SAT, TCC certifications