EnTech Engineering, PC is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm based in downtown Manhattan. Our services include construction management and inspection, environmental consulting, civil design, BIM/VDC/Laser Scanning, geotechnical, geo-instrumentation, site safety, and quality services consulting. EnTech is committed to delivering high quality and innovation through advanced engineering talent and technology. We are proud to be trusted partners on numerous engineering and construction projects in the NYC Metro Area. Our culture emphasizes client satisfaction, people growth, global diversity, environment, and last but not least, loving what we do. We employ highly skilled and dedicated personnel who provide quality solutions and specialty engineering services.
EnTech is looking for a Full Time Resident Engineer in New York. This position will be involved in construction projects in various stages of development.
Qualification & Skills:
- Ensure the construction is performed in accordance with contract drawings, specifications and all applicable codes and standards,
- Lead meetings with contractors, facility personnel, design consultants and other stakeholders
- Actively involved in handling daily logs, submittals, schedules, insurance and various contract requirements
- Ensure safety of construction project
- Monitor schedules and take appropriate actions to ensure project is completed on schedule
- Schedule and conduct site inspections as required
- Perform constructability reviews for future contracts
- Manage 2-10 direct reports consisting of Office Engineer, Construction Inspectors and Community Liaison
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Geotechnical Civil and/or Structural Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- NYS PE (or the ability to obtain)
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in progressively more difficult and responsible construction management and inspection.
- Experience in handling installation of water mains, sewer mains, utilities, sidewalk and trees, handling concrete and reinforcing placement, structural steel, asphalt paving, drainage, building construction and preparation of estimates.
- 30-hour OSHA construction safety training.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Construction specific software (Primavera, MS Project, etc.)