EnTech Engineering, PC
is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm based in downtown Manhattan. Our services include construction management and inspection, environmental consulting, civil design, BIM/VDC/Laser Scanning, geotechnical, geo-instrumentation, site safety, and quality services consulting. EnTech is committed to delivering high quality and innovation through advanced engineering talent and technology. We are proud to be trusted partners on numerous engineering and construction projects in the NYC Metro Area. Our culture emphasizes client satisfaction, people growth, global diversity, environment, and last but not least, loving what we do. We employ highly skilled and dedicated personnel who provide quality solutions and specialty engineering services.
EnTech is looking for a Full Time Mechanical Construction Inspector
in New York. This position reports to Resident Engineer and will be involved in inspection of building mechanical, plumbing and fire protection systems with some concrete work, structural, electrical, architectural and environmental work.
Qualification & Skills:
- Effective & efficient in handling various types of mechanical construction including mechanical equipment room upgrades and rehabilitation, hot water generators, boilers, breeching, piping installation/replacement/upgrades, water distribution systems, building management systems, HVAC installation and controls, fire alarm upgrades, security system upgrades, pump systems etc.
- Read and Interpret plans and specs
- Review plans for constructability and prepare comments.
- Prepare written contract administration documentation such as daily reports / special inspection reports
- Identify potential extra work & report progress of project and scheduling
- Keep Resident Engineer advised of issues, and propose possible solutions.
- Prepare work estimates, related sketches and documentation.
- Review contractor payment requests and recommend reasonableness to the Resident Engineer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience inspecting construction work
- 30-hour OSHA construction safety training.
- Proficiency necessary in Microsoft software including Word/Excel/Outlook.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Construction specific software (Primavera, MS Project, etc.)