EnTech Engineering, PC is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm based in downtown Manhattan. Our services include construction management and inspection, environmental consulting, civil design, BIM/VDC/Laser Scanning, geotechnical, geo-instrumentation, site safety, and quality services consulting. EnTech is committed to delivering high quality and innovation through advanced engineering talent and technology. We are proud to be trusted partners on numerous engineering and construction projects in the NYC Metro Area. Our culture emphasizes client satisfaction, people growth, global diversity, environment, and last but not least, loving what we do. We employ highly skilled and dedicated personnel who provide quality solutions and specialty engineering services.
EnTech is looking for a Full Time Construction Inspector – Bridge / Transit in New York City. This is a Long-term position, reporting to EIC and will be involved in construction inspection of Bridge and Transit Projects.
- Read and Interpret plans and specs
- Review plans for constructability and prepare comments.
- Plan and conduct tasks requiring the evaluation, selection, substantial adaptation and modification of standard construction engineering techniques, procedures and criteria
- Prepare written contract administration documentation such as daily reports / inspection reports and maintain detailed record of work performed
- Identify potential extra work & report progress of project and scheduling
- Act as a field technical liaison between contractor, quality & design engineering staff
- Keep EIC advised of issues, and propose possible solutions.
- Prepare work estimates, related sketches and documentation.
- Review contractor payment requests and recommend reasonableness to EIC
- Attend meetings and briefings; provide other advice and assistance on an as needed basis.
Qualification & Skills:
- 4-year degree in Civil Engineering or NICET III Certification
- Must be MTA Track Safety certified
- Minimum 3 years of Bridge / Transit construction experience particularly in escalator / elevator upgrades preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all parties
- Valid Driver's license
- NYSDOT site manager training preferred.