EnTech Engineering, PC is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm based in downtown Manhattan. Our services include construction management and inspection, environmental consulting, civil design, BIM/VDC/Laser Scanning, geotechnical, geo-instrumentation, site safety, and quality services consulting. EnTech is committed to delivering high quality and innovation through advanced engineering talent and technology. We are proud to be trusted partners on numerous engineering and construction projects in the NYC Metro Area. Our culture emphasizes client satisfaction, people growth, global diversity, environment, and last but not least, loving what we do. We employ highly skilled and dedicated personnel who provide quality solutions and specialty engineering services.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing projects or tasks and preparing structural design calculations in accordance with applicable design (i.e. AASHTO, IBC, ACI, AISC) and agency standards (i.e. NYCDOT, NYSDOT, DDC, NJTA)
- Performing structural analysis of new designs and existing structures (Low rise buildings, bridges and other miscellaneous structures such walls, sign structures etc.)
- Leading and reviewing conceptual design alternatives in order to develop innovative and cost-effective design solutions
- Preparing technical specifications, special provisions, and preparing bidding documents
- Providing direction to CAD designers and junior engineers for drawing production Performing internal QC reviews for detailed design
- Regular internal and external collaboration and coordination with other design discipline groups in an integrated design environment.
- Responsible for leading the design development and review of structural design, details and drawings, including calculations for new and rehabilitation work
- Use of AutoCad or Microstation
- Strong capabilities and understanding in using structural software such as STAADPro, RAM Steel, or equivalent
- Leading of field inspection teams for evaluation of structural elements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- NYS PE License with 5-10 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering with a focus on structural engineering
- Ability to lead a design team on assignments